View Single Post
#764: 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Rhett
Title: Swamp Donkey
Car: Legacy 3.6R
Send a private message to Rhett Find all posts by Rhett
Update: Went to two independent shops. First one quoted $525 with no alignment! Said thanks, but no thanks and walked out. The next place I went to said $400 even, including alignment. They also said that since the springs didn't seem to take much compression, they may do it cheaper. Right now, I am leaning towards this option. This sounds about $100-$150 more than it should be. I am almost willing to eat the mark-up since doing the install myself simply is not an option. I'm putting the total on a credit card that I have a year no interest on, so that will help soften the blow a little bit, but right now all bets are still on the table. I hope you guys don't think I'm an idiot for spending $400 on this install, but please tell me if you do. Ha!

Also, unless something changes, this is most likely the last major modification I am planning to do, especially since there aren't many other options left for my car, and thanks to other unforeseen circumstances (broken HVAC unit at my home that needs replacing) I will probably have to remove my name from waiting list on the shocks.

I can't thank you guys enough for the help you have provided so far. It takes some kind souls to help somebody out that you don't even know. Looks like I am really going to have to donate to this site again very soon!