View Single Post
#4: 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
 
 Hoojammyflip
Hoojammyflip's Avatar
Title: Member
Location: Lancashire, UK
Car: 2.0GT spec.B JDM (STi8 sh eng) '89 ZX10
Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)
Send a private message to Hoojammyflip Find all posts by Hoojammyflip Reply With Quote
I believed Boon on uklegacy who did his...

http://www.uklegacy....ndpost&p=551925

Quote:
they were about 50 off ebay, and dead simple to fit once you get the tutbo heitshiled off. Or get TDR to fit it if you dont want to bugger about wit the heitshield bolts (nightmare)

I didn;t have a turbo heatsheild on mine - So I 'popped out' to fit it this afternoon...

Old one in place...


New one...



The thin pipe going over the top of the actuator body had it support unbolted and a slight modification to its routing to allow withdrawl of the body of the old unit - and the boost pressure pipe was incredibly difficult to get hands to and grip anything - aaarrgggghjhh - nightmare! Trouble is - once it's off - one of them has to go back on... So it may as well be the new one
The spigot on the new unit was straight whereas the old one was curved round - bent the new one a little to try to lessen the strain on the rubber pipe - hope it doesn't fail
Anyway all bolted up and in place with just a couple of mm of pre-load - fingers crossed
I measured the pressure to move the units - only had a foot pump with guage - but the difference was quite noticeable - the new one took about 10 psi to start moving whereas the old one started moving at about 6 psi so looks like the spring had gone weak...

We shall see what happens at the RR day on Saturday and hopefully get it sorted...