View Single Post
#13: 11-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Dujo
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 1 of 99 2005 ABP/Tpe LGT Ltd 5MT Wagon
Send a private message to Dujo Find all posts by Dujo Reply With Quote
Have you seen the Learning View application yet? There's a thread about it on the RomRaider forums. Gives you a nice quick look at some useful tables including overall IAM to give you a quick shot of engine health based on timing being pulled.

I had a heatshield on my turbo (06/04 build date ... early). Most likely scenario is that somebody removed it at some point and didn't replace it. You can can aftermarket ones or get an oem replacement. When I went stage ii, I did a PTP turbo blanket and a Grimmspeed turbo heatshield.

Passenger side torn cv joint boot is relatively common on these cars. Probably the heat coming off the downpipe causing the rubber to degrade early. From what I understand, a little gear oil coming out when you pull the axle is normal. I don't *think* you should need to replace the seal. Just top off after replacing cv joint boot. Might be a good time to upgrade gear oil to extra s (Subaru's "good" gear oil ... search here for more details).

Those pictures are a little out of context, but the one on the right looks like the backside of a center cap for your wheel. Got all your center caps in?