View Single Post
#3: 11-02-2012, 12:58 PM

jaymesbry
Title: Pro Rooftop Sniper
Car: My replica SWP STI Legacy..
Send a private message to jaymesbry Find all posts by jaymesbry Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amicula View Post
I recently purchased a very well taken care of 2009 last month. Three times over the past few weeks I have had the startling pleasure of having my ears blasted with a very loud static when turning on the car. It happened twice in a row two days ago, once when the car was turned off set to AUX mode (ipod) and two hours later turned off on FM radio.

The awful noise is as if someone turned the radio station to a frequency full of static and cranked the volume all the way up to max volume.

I did a search on the forums and was not able to find out if anyone else has come across this issue!

I'm a computer geek...and understand the concept of how automotive stuff works but am clueless as to how to troubleshoot it! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you very much for your help, tips and tricks!

~Lauren
Well the only thing I can equate to this in my 8 years of ownership is when my radio volume would randomly change. Turns out it just happens when something gets stuck on the volume knob.. so maybe try cleaning that.. who knows if something got stuck in there..

otherwise keep troubleshooting and hopefully someone can figure this out