View Single Post
#21: 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Scooby_Steve
Title: Junior Member
Car: 12' Legacy 2.5GT
Send a private message to Scooby_Steve Find all posts by Scooby_Steve Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEASER View Post
Scooby_Steve, it sounds like you go to Tahoe often. You really don't need a separate set of winters here in Cali like all the guys up in the PacNW, North, NE and Canada do. They are experiencing inclimate weather almost every day of the winter. If you are dead set on a 2nd set of rims, put a good set of all-seasons on your stock rims and run them November thru March when you do your Tahoe trips. They will work just fine as far as performance when you are in the valley sans snow. Get aftermarket wheels and put some sticky summer tires on them for fun in the twisties the rest of the year.
That was the question i just asked Jsmith actually. that makes sense. ill go through tires less often that way. Im not dead set on after market rims but pretty sure i want some. My car came with some bridgestone potenzas so i dnt wanna go to tahoe on summers tires. ill put those on the new rims and all seasons on the oem rims.