View Single Post
#7: 11-01-2012, 09:22 AM

OCDetails
Title: Me obsess?? Nah....
Car: '04 1/2 Corolla XRS, '06 Boulevard M50
Send a private message to OCDetails Find all posts by OCDetails Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by root_galaxy View Post

You my friend are the best, I will definitely be stopping by there soon. I've never waxed or polished a car so this being the first time, it is a bit Intimidating though. What leather product do you recommend and also, any key beginner steps to do/avoid when Polishing my car?
Those first three articles you see on my site will likely help out a lot. I get pretty specific on the how to part of using different products and tools. I know it is kind of a lot to read, but it will probably give you a better idea of what you don't know and what you might need more help with. Or it could reaffirm to you that you absolutely have the skills needed and you are good to go.

Adam's only has one leather cleaner and one conditioner, so those are the ones I would recommend. Always always always try to use a conditioner that is in a liquid or gel form. Leather is just skin basically. If your skin was super dried out, would you want a spritz of something to moisturize them or would you want a big blob of lotion? Leather is the same way. Avoid any spray conditioners if you can. Spray cleaners are fine, but how much lotion and conditioner could really be in a spray? The lotions are definitely better. Gels are even better because they don't fill up the perforations.

That is another good point. When applying the leather conditioner be sure to go light on any area with perforations. Apply the conditioner to the applicator you are using and wipe it on the solid pieces of leather first and then go over the perforations after most of the conditioner is already used on other areas. Keep a toothpick handy to clean up any that gets in the perforations, but if you are careful then you should be able to avoid it. Poorboy's Leather Stuff is my favorite conditioner for perforated leather simply because it is a gel and doesn't go in the holes as easily as the typical lotion. Anyway, just be careful and you'll be fine.
OCDETAILS BLOG