View Single Post
#2: 10-31-2012, 10:38 AM

OCDetails
Title: Me obsess?? Nah....
Car: '09 Rav4 V6 Limited, '05 Odyssey
Send a private message to OCDetails Find all posts by OCDetails Reply With Quote
That kit is a pretty good deal, but I would skip the wash with wax. If you use that then the Liquid Wax won't bond properly. It isn't actually a 'wax'. It is a polymer sealant and polymers don't bond with oily waxed surfaces, so definitely don't use the two products together for the first time. After you have waxed the car then you can use the wash with wax, but definitely not before.

There really isn't a good leather conditioner on the shelf that I would recommend. If you are interested in taking care of your leather, then I would spend a few dollars more and order it online. I've honestly not used anything off the shelf that I would even use to condition the leather on my $h!t kicker boots. Leather is important to care for properly and wasting money on something that does no good for it just doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure I've got a winter prep thread here somewhere, but I put it on my site too just in case. That should point you in the right direction for winter prep. As far as just basic detailing that you can do off the shelves, I'm certain that is discussed around here as well. Take a look at some of the stuff on my site and you might get a little more specific help, but be warned that most of the best stuff for your car is something you are going to have to order online. There are also several places in Colorado that either are distributors for car care products or they are the manufacturer. Adam's is in Colorado somewhere. There is another big one out there too, but I can't for the life of me remember their name. Most of the suppliers are either in California, Nevada, Colorado, or Florida it seems. Anyway, with so many of them being local, I'm sure you would be able to get a much better selection of products by doing a little google search on detail shops in your area that may have products on hand to sell. Most of the real shops are distributors. Call Adam's and see if they have any distributors. I've heard their stuff is awesome, but I've never had a chance to use too much of it. http://www.adamspolishes.com/
OCDETAILS BLOG