Thread: 06/07/08 Spec B
View Single Post
#2: 10-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Drogos
Title: Contributor
Car: 08' spec B
Send a private message to Drogos Find all posts by Drogos Reply With Quote
thank you for your input but it's very subjective and what you described especially in terms of shifting depends on specific car, how it was driven and maintanance it has seen or hasn't seen and what fluids where used so saying that one year had better shifting over other is misleading for those that are looking to buy one. I have driven couple subarus and my 08 shifter is so damn smooth and precise I sometimes have hard time believing I am still in Subaru. I have never missed a gear, low speed 1st no problem, reverse no problem. See, there it is my subjective opinion. Suspension is the same between 06-08 right? Maybe they had different spring rates in 06 but I am not sure. I wouldn't be surpriced if they were softening spring rates in following years but I have never heard of it and used to read about spec b a lot.
In general my advise for people looking at spec B - don't see the point of buying 06. It's missing 6MT and r180 rear diff (?) and sure 06 has a lot of extra goodies and I would take it over GT any day but 07+ offers so much more.