View Single Post
#212: 10-28-2012, 12:41 AM

hellaGT
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2012 legacy 2.5i 6-speed Premium
Send a private message to hellaGT Find all posts by hellaGT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjapan View Post
STI hangers are definitely different. WRX Sedan mufflers have hangers that are close to the same as the 2010 Legacies. They are not perfect, but they can be, ah, massaged to fit. STI mufflers, I imagine you need to re-do the hangers at a hanger shop, and I'm not sure that the flanges are the correct orientation.

Regards,

Paul Hansen
www.avoturboworld.com
www.facebook.com/avoturboworld
Back to the 08+ WRX exhaust fitment on the 5th gen legacy real quick. I have a 2.5i and one of the many who like the dual exhaust look and someone on Craigslist is selling their OEM 08-10 WRX catback for cheap and wanted to clarify what fits.

I know that muffler hangers will need to be welded to the passenger side and that the legacy is a longer car than the WRX but can I use the entire cat-back? I suppose you could salvage the Y-pipe to fit my mid-pipe and bolt the wrx axle-back to it. There doesn't seem to be a flange connecting the wrx mid-pipe to the wrx Y-pipe for an easy swap onto mine. What do you think? If anyone has a thread for this exact swap let me know since I couldn't find one.