#9: 10-23-2012, 06:53 AM

SeeeeeYa
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2015 GBP CVT WRX Ltd
Send a private message to SeeeeeYa Find all posts by SeeeeeYa Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
No it's not an issue with the LGT.
I wouldn't be so certain. The "issue" isn't in the realm of "tuners," because tuners don't work to the level of resolution this issue addresses.

Time, and more people investigating the possibility, will tell. Those satisfied by tunes with +-5% fuel trims could care less. Those who don't know what you're talking about when the conversation turns from power to polished throttle, won't care. Those with automatic transmissions... the bulk of LGTs... likely won't care. Those who accept "studder" and other engine anomalies as normal, who think any oil on the stick is fine, or who have others do their dirty work, won't care.

But people with manual transmissions, like those for whom the original thread was directed, will have more reason to question the status quo. Those who pursue impossible perfection, who log and adjust tunes as an inseparable part of ownership, will wonder what-if. Some will take a look. I'm betting some will find a penny heads-up.

EDIT:

For example: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2403736&page=2

Quote:
I've installed the IAT to the charge pipe to help with speed density fueling with the MAF still located in a short ram intake. The idle with that setup was inconsistent at best. After reading this thread, I grounded the two pipes to the intake. After tuning, that returned the Five-O 1400's to manufacturer's latencies. Big improvement in driveability.

Last edited by SeeeeeYa; 10-23-2012 at 07:29 AM..