View Single Post
#1: 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM
n00b with upgrades

uncledoobie
Title: New Member
Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium
Send a private message to uncledoobie Find all posts by uncledoobie Reply With Quote
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after reading up on some things, and I didn't necessarily want to threadjack some of the other on-going topics, as I've got some questions of my own. I just recently bought a 2010 legacy 2.5i premium with 28k miles on it, CPO, and have been interested in tinkering with it since I'm a tinkerer by nature. However, because this is my car and I rely on it to do a lot of things in life, I'm a bit nervous about messing around with it. But, by nature, my mantra is if it's broken, fix it. If it's not, it can go faster.

That being said, I'm interested in modding the subie, but have an innate fear of it blowing up on me as I'm driving to work, or even worse, out to Vegas or Norcal on a long road trip (I currently live in Socal).

I read the thread on quick cheap mods to start out with, which I feel pretty comfortable doing, but what I really want to know is the following:

How long and much time / effort does it take to start getting into deeper mods? I read the post on the Rallisport UEL Headers and Magnaflow exhaust, and those sound pretty awesome. Do I need to have a lifetime of being under the hood to know how to do all that? I figure if something goes wrong, the car will tell me first more or less (odd sounds, etc), right?

What's the best way to ease into taking on mods? And lastly, is it even worth it since it was a CPO and has a powertrain warranty for another 60k miles?
Sponsored links