View Single Post
#1: 10-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Hood scoop fixing bolts - what are they called?
Hoojammyflip's Avatar
Title: Senior Member
Rank: Donating Member
Location: Lancashire, UK
Car: 2.0GT spec.B JDM (STi8 sh eng) & ZX14R
Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)
Send a private message to Hoojammyflip Find all posts by Hoojammyflip Reply With Quote
- Sorry I feel like such an idiot...

Removed my scoop the other day - it was weird!

Secured by a row of 4 nuts with a plastic protruding clippy thing in the middle...

The inner 2 bolts were very shiny aluminium colour, the outer 2 were orange crusty rusty (- like a UK car - not a 2 year Jap import )??? Why is that?

One came undone OK, the other needed to be WD40ed, drilled, whacked with hammer and screw driver - and eventually sheared off with delicate mole wrench attention.

The scoop side fixing is like a flat plate with a thread sticking out from it - I need another one, preferably 2, but don't know what the fastner is called or where to get replacements... - Help

offending rusty nut

Any help much appreciated, not sure how to describe them so it's tricky searching for replacements
Sponsored links