View Single Post
#3028: 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM

jasejase
Title: <><><><><><><>
Car: '09 SpecB 18G BrenTuned 347whp
Send a private message to jasejase Find all posts by jasejase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Capacity View Post
jasejase, treat the child as you would like to be treated.

If your thirsty, he/she is too, if your hot or cold they are too.

When he/she is old enough to understand, teach them to treat others as they want to be treated. Include them in every decision that will effect them. Talk to them as you would any adult, they can understand.

Never just say "no" explain why no is the answer.

The first time you have a behavior problem, tell them what they did wrong and that type behavior is not good. Tell them that life is about choices, if you make the wrong choice, there's a penalty to pay, there penalty will be to have a toy removed and never get it back.

We only had to enforce that lesson once.

Years later, my son was 20y/o, while riding in his Chevy 3500 dually while he was towing the race car, two of his friends were in the back seat taking about something. I heard my son say, "guy's, you need to learn life is about choices, you need to learn how to make the right choice".

I've had people at different race tracks walk up to me and say, you did a wonderful job raising your son. People I have never met before.

His mom and I separated when he was 3y/o but always stayed close and put him first.

May be it is that simple. May be we got lucky.

Best wishes to you and your wife, cherish every moment, life goes by way faster then you think it will. Trust me on that one.
Sound advice. Thank you sir.