View Single Post
#10: 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

CHUCKmfnNORRIS
Title: Contributor
Car: 2011 2.5i 6m/t satin pearl white
Send a private message to CHUCKmfnNORRIS Find all posts by CHUCKmfnNORRIS Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoley4 View Post
How easy is it to run everything wire wise? I apologize for asking but I have never done anything more than put in door speakers and am tentative about potentially breaking something on my car due to my own incompetence. Thanks again for your suggestion and help!

with the basslink you have 2 options on how you want to wire it. no mater what you will need to run a power wire and a ground, and possibly a remote turn on lead.

you can tap into the factory speakers with a provided harness, with this method you dont need a remote turn on according to crutchfield.

the other is to run it off a set of rca cables, this is the best option for sound quality. if you have a factory unit you can get a converter that will tap into the speaker wires best connected behind the factory unit. if you go with the rca option you will need a remote turn on lead.

it is much easier than it sounds, since you have aftermarket speakers i would say to go with option 1, just tap into the speaker wires of the aftermarket speakers.

most of the powered subs are the same way, some have only a set of rca connections.