View Single Post
#10: 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM

swcolegacyl
Title: Junior Member
Car: Subaru Legacy L Wagon
Send a private message to swcolegacyl Find all posts by swcolegacyl Reply With Quote
Hi –Thank you rickmfromnh. The 4” lift was accomplished by using Outback strut-towers 1.5” taller then stock, Subtle-Solutions 1" lift spacers, and 15” over stock 14” rims and bigger tires gained another 1.5”. the stock clearance for this car is 6.1” now it’s at 10.1”. the struts where from a junk yard, think I paid $75.00 each. Lift spacers $225. The rims I got used and new tires. I'd guess the total for the lift was around a thousand. including all the parts and labor. Most of the 'lift' work was done at a local shop. Installing the struts and strut spacers would have been a real drag without a lift. The body got pushed up by 2.5" everything was under quite a bit of tension. I had to pull down on the lower control arms while the mechanic bolted in the front struts.

A couple other parts I think are important to the lift; when the car body goes up the wheels go in. The wheel spacers put them back and prevent the front tires from rubbing. It also looks better and wider track=better handling. The other is the upper strut stabilizer. Making the ‘front-end’ a little more rigid. That’s about another $500 in parts. The shop installed the wheel spacers.

Last edited by swcolegacyl; 10-15-2012 at 12:24 AM..