View Single Post
#5638: 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM

MooKz
Title: Senior Monkey
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Send a private message to MooKz Find all posts by MooKz Reply With Quote
The type of wheel varies on your driving conditions and what you plan on doing with them. I have a really cheap set of wheels. Drag 19s 18x7.5. I like them and they look nice. I get a lot of compliments, especially due to them being gold with a chrome lip. But on the other token, there are downsides. I wish they were wider and I wish they weren't unilug. I like aggressive fitments and once I get my coilovers and ditch my springs, I'll also be purchasing a nice set of wheels.

A lot of companies don't sell the EXACT same wheel as others but the wheel may not be forged to hell and back. For track use, I'd recommend the lighter, but forged wheel. But for DD, cheap do just fine for me. I've been on these wheels since last summer so they've treated me nicely and I've hit huge potholes with them without any misshaping.

But like I said, I'd rather have a mid-priced set of wheels because there are nice ones and they don't require a signature with the devil. People hate Rota's but I'd like to get a set of grids for myself, but if I can get my hands on a set of Work VS XX's, I'm going to. I love the big lip and 3 piece concept.