View Single Post
#14: 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM

GTEASER
Title: Teaser of the G
Car: '12 Legacy GT Stage1 **McDowell Tuned**
Send a private message to GTEASER Find all posts by GTEASER Reply With Quote
^^^Whoa!!! I'm not a moron. It sounds like you think I would expect my brakes to work with the lines either "cracked open" or without bleeding. I used to work as a mechanic and crew member on several SCCA GT3 and GT4 teams, and I worked at an engine/chassis shop building race cars. Excuse me for never working on a car with ABS, just not sure of, and never seen a diagram of, the ABS unit. If I had it my way, I would not choose the ABS option, but we can thank paternalistic government, and idiot drivers who don't know how to control their cars, for requiring manufacturers to add expensive safety stuff that some of us don't want, jacking up the price of cars for everyone.

I will install SS braided brake lines, bleed the brakes, properly, before I drive it, and I will cycle the ABS on a nice safe back road somewhere, and I will bleed the brakes again. Not gonna pay the dealer when I have other mods to try to afford as well.

Thank you for cluing me into the "cycling" thing, I do appreciate it. To get a second, I just called a local race shop and the guy that runs the shop cycles his, the "dangerous" way with his Corvette track day car.

And thank you Shadow for informing me what SSM stands for....

Last edited by GTEASER; 10-11-2012 at 02:48 PM..