View Single Post
#46: 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM

AZP Installs
Title: Tri-State Subaru Experts
Car: 94LegTurb->92SVX->05 LGT->11 STi->??
Send a private message to AZP Installs Find all posts by AZP Installs Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfarmeaahka View Post
So if a 06-07 wrx flywheel works for a 06 legacy gt why would they make one for a 06 legacy gt also that's different? Im assuming a fidanza wrx LWFW can fit my car still sense the factory one will. I have noticed the 06-07 wrx one is about $100 cheaper than the 06 legacy gt one.
As the others said, the 05-06 LGT had a DMFW and DMClutch Kit as part of them trying to make the car more luxurious/smooth shifting. My CTS-V had a 55lb DMFW on it as well for the same reason.

Problem is that the rivets that hold the DMFWs together start to loosen up and cause vibration issues down the road, so almost everyone went back to SMFWs.

So the 06+ WRX and 07+ LGT have the same clutch setups. The 05-06 LGT has the same trans but a different clutch and flywheel. When replacing the clutch on a 05-06 LGT it is cheaper to get a SMFW + Clutch Kit than to get the 05-06 specific Clutch Kit, and the DMFW generally can't be re-surfaced.

-mike