View Single Post
#1: 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Clutch replacement adivce

Yfarmeaahka
Title: Senior Member
Car: 06 Legacy GT, 01 Danger Ranger
Send a private message to Yfarmeaahka Find all posts by Yfarmeaahka Reply With Quote
I have lost my clutch while driving 2 times now. The first time it was my clutch fork, the pivot ball punched through the fork. This time (about 7k miles after the first time ) the actual pivot ball broke leaving some of the bolt still in the threads on the transmission.

This is what it looked like the first time from the shift fork opening on top of the transmission.

This is what it looked like this time.

Now I was told that the car had a fidanza LWFW when I got it and the first time I did this job I didnt look at the clutch or flywheel because I was just rushing to get the job done. This time I removed the clutch and found excessive glazing on the flywheel and the clutch has about 30-40% life left so I'm going to go ahead and replace it. The flywheel that is actually in it is a F1 racing flywheel so I believe I can only run 06+ wrx clutch on it and have to get the flywheel refinished instead of just replacing a plate.

I'm going to reinforce the crap out of the fork and powder coat it, attempt to remove the bolt still in the transmission from the pivot ball (any adivice on how?) and install one of the transmission input shaft sleeve things. I need some advice on a good clutch that can handle power and is cheaper than an act.

I was in the middle of a stage 2 tune with infamous so it needs to handle that much torque or more because I'm planning on getting a 20g down the road. the clutch that is on it is an exedy stage one and I have read some people saying it cant handle a whole lot of extra torque so I dont know if I want to go back to another one of those.

Any advice would be awesome.

power upgrades: AVO TMIC, STI UP, cobb catted DP and a borla CBE

Last edited by Yfarmeaahka; 10-08-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Sponsored links