View Single Post
#67: 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM

cryo
Title: Authorized Tuning Vendor
Car: 06 spec.b CornfedHTA68 CryoTuned 11 STi
Send a private message to cryo Find all posts by cryo Reply With Quote
I have not seen ANY issues with my current x02 fmic. It flows great, cools over expectation, never heat soaks in the hottest of weather. Keep in mind im running the original 3 inch core which is much larger than the second iteration *racer x edition* and still see full boost by 3300-3400 rpms.

I have actually ran stupid boost on 91 oct just in the name of testing since my personal car is kind of a test mule for data collection. I ran 23 psi on the hta68 on gas under heavy throttle for multiple runs and did not see any issues with knock induced by heat soak.

Everyone has their own opinion and is intitled to it, i feel the X02 fmic and racer x fmic are two of the best on the market when it comes to legacy gt fitment and economical costs. Plus i enjoy supporting a forum member that has gone out of his way to create a well priced quality product for these cars.

Most quality intercoolers have .5- 2psi pressure drop accross the core and i have no reason to think this is not the case with these units although i have never seen issues with the performance of these units enough to test it myself. I have tuned multiple cars with these fmic's and am satisfied thus far. If mike has any test data to prove otherwise he knows i am VERY big on data collection and i would be happy to say im wrong if it benifits the community. Mike is a stand up guy and i appreciate what he provides to the community in service and information. I respect the fact he has choosen to go with different vendors and know he has good reasons to take his business elsewhere...like i said, nothing but respect for him and the way he runs HIS business. Truth is as long as its not a restrictive core or a cheap knockoff they perform as a mechanical device and are as good as the build quality.

Im amazed a thread about turbos became a thread about fmic's....

Dave

Last edited by cryo; 10-07-2012 at 05:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to cryo For This Useful Post:
fahr_side (10-07-2012)