View Single Post
#65: 10-07-2012, 10:42 AM

cryo
Title: Authorized Tuning Vendor
Car: 06 spec.b CornfedHTA68 CryoTuned 11 STi
Send a private message to cryo Find all posts by cryo Reply With Quote
I am not a fan of cores that are cheap but normally the only way to know is compare thickness, design, weight etc. I took a risk with the x02 kit but since itsme appeared to take that into account when designing it i took a chance, normally i do not suggest any cores that sacrifice quality for price.

I have seen the fms tmic inspired by the pw and i would never put the units ive seen on any car but i work with what my customers show up with and am always watching for efficiancy regardless of the setup. Ive actually heard good things about their fmic but i normally suggest a few options for customers to give them ideas and research on thier own. One of my biggest fears other than efficiancy is the metal shavings that ive seen come out of some of the lower quality chinese imported cores and think of what will happen after 20k worth of actual use.

Its always a trade off and sometimes with brand names you get what you pay for, sometimes you can find a cheaper alternative with the same quality. Really comes down to researching what experiences others have had.

I have seen a couple aftermarket upgraded tmic's for the wrx's that actually appeared to perform worse than the stock unit.....

After working for multiple shops and dealing with intercooled turbo cars since the 90's ive seen my fair share.....

Dave

Last edited by cryo; 10-07-2012 at 11:29 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cryo For This Useful Post:
fahr_side (10-07-2012), LosAngelesLGT (10-07-2012)