View Single Post
#40: 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM

blklgt05
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: '10 RRP LGT Stg 2.1 '05 OBP LGT Stg 2.1
Send a private message to blklgt05 Find all posts by blklgt05 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by kncart View Post
WOW. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having as bad an experience with sway bars as yourself. I always recommend them as the first suspension upgrade. I put the Cobb swaybars on my 4th generation and the difference was night and day. I never had even a hint of issues with the car spinning out including taking 35 MPH corners at 70 in the rain. (I did set the rear to the soft setting in the winter however). Later I upgraded the front Cobb to a larger Perrin and the difference was again huge. I was really disappointed with the suspension on our 5th generation when I drove it but I knew it could be fixed so I bought it anyway. I agree the best upgrade is the struts and shocks however not everyone has $1500-2000 to do this and then you would still want the sway bars. I would agree that a non adjustable 24mm sway bar on the rear only would not be advisable however with the adjustable larger front sway bar and the adjustable rear the difference is again night and day and my car loves the mountain roads. So we are going to have to agree........ to disagree
It's all good bro, I forgot to add that it is personal preference, everyone have different driving style and skills . COBB's swaybar is not solid type btw and I was driving mostly on mountain roads back then while on the road it wasn't as harsh. I'll probably get bigger fronts after coilovers for sure.