View Single Post
#17: 10-06-2012, 08:06 AM

SpecBamf41
Title: Joe The Shit Show
Car: 96 lgt, 97 lgt, 97lgt, 98 STI,
Send a private message to SpecBamf41 Find all posts by SpecBamf41 Reply With Quote
when doing timing belt idlers i never tourque them to they spec, anytime you threading into aluminum thats seen a tourqued bolt more then 2-3 times. i put them heavily snug with a ratchet with thread locker. much safer imo. and before you bolt on a certain idler slide the bolt though it to make sure you got a decent amount of thread coming out. sometimes non oem idlers have a thicker spot the bolt goes though and it leaves little thread actually going into the block.. just a very useful tip. i do this with everything i can to make sure i have the right length bolt for the job.

as for my own problems, my car starts like shit because i cant adjust the cold tune because i cant get my laptop to connect to my ems.

i also got my foot stuck under the brake pedal and ontop of the gas pedal yesterday. i need to spread my pedals apart or get smaller feet! boots dont help either.
I'm Dumber Then I Seem, Remember That, I Won't.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpecBamf41 For This Useful Post:
DOHCEJ22E1 (10-06-2012)