View Single Post
#62: 10-05-2012, 09:49 PM

bigjweb
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 12 X3
Send a private message to bigjweb Find all posts by bigjweb Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
For sure some brand name products are overpriced. Reliability isn't my biggest concern in an intercooler. Any fool can make one that doesn't leak. I'm more concerned about efficiency, and what I've seen from a great many of these low-cost, no-name Chinese cores is horrible... no internal finning etc. A lot of cars have left power on the table because the charge temps out of the cooler were higher than they should have been, and the tune had to be dumbed-down to run safely.

Why spend a not inconsiderable amount of money on a high-end turbo like an FP HTA and then give up performance in order to run it with a cheap knock-off intercooler? This is quite irrational.

It's your car. Do what you like.
Well said. I believe that I had a post somewhere about the knock off intercoolers. Core density is the number one difference between el cheapo and brand name. As for the tmic, PW has a core density second to none. I posted pictures showing the difference between the knock offs (ims, fms) and the real PW. I firmly believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to intercoolers.