View Single Post
#15: 10-05-2012, 06:51 PM

HAMMER DOWN
Title: Duke
Car: 05 Legacy GT w/ STi 6MT~07 Solstice GXP
Send a private message to HAMMER DOWN Find all posts by HAMMER DOWN Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex View Post
7-8k on an 05 between oil changes? Let us know how that works for you. I've had the car for a little under 4000 miles and I've changed oil twice already. Cheap insurance. Rotella 5-40 is what seems to be the consensus on best oil around here. Use oem filters and get some spare crush washers for the drain plug.
It works awesome, 15k OCI, Amsoil 0w-30 SSO & Ea oil filters. Stage 2, 18.5 peak boost. Almost 204k on original motor & VF-40 turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzoGT View Post
Get to know a local guy, they can be real good people know. I use amsoil, change every 6-8,000. The oil is rated for 25k.
Depends on which Amsoil motor oil & Ea oil filters you are using. The 25k oil in for Normal Service (basically N\A motors) driving conditions. Turbos or force induction motors. Fall under Server Service. The same is now rated for 15K & oil with Ea oil filters.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/azo.aspx

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline-fueled vehicles as follows:
Normal Service(3) Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
Severe Service(4) Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
In all non-gasoline-fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.

Mike