View Single Post
#1: 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM
FS: (MN) JDM Twinscroll Header/Up/Down/TMIC/Brackets - SOLD

dingbang
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: '06 lgt
Send a private message to dingbang Find all posts by dingbang
UPDATE:
Header/up is sold. Rest is available to be parted out.

Re-typing this as I just refreshed the page on accident...go me.

I have the following items for sale as they are just taking up room in my garage now.
*VF38/TD04HLA-19T Fitment/flanging*

JDM OEM Twinscroll header - No heatshields, VHT'd, no cracking SOLD
JDM OEM Twinscroll up-pipe - No heatshields, VHT'd, no cracking SOLD
JDM OEM TMIC for T/S - includes mounting bracket/elbow - $75 shipped/paypal'd in US48
Modified Catted Downpipe - believe this is a modified Perrin from looking at the design. It's AT fitment as the transmission bracket does not align with the MT bracket. Used it on my MT with no issues. Has O2 in bellmouth and rear as JDM header does not have O2 bung. - $275 shipped/paypal'd in US48
Necessary brackets for mounting - Block to up-pipe, little TMIC bracket, etc. Does not include nuts/bolts as your OEM ones are just re-used. Have used up-turbo, turbo-dp gaskets I could throw in. Recommend you get new. - Don't think there is any use for these.

The story: This is the setup from nekdut/kirbwrx. The VF38/PE1818 wheel turbo that I acquired with this setup is blown. Oil seal went after running it for approx a year at 23PSI max. On an airboy sheet, it made 295awhp/325awtq. I may have the airboy/spreadsheet on my laptop still, but no guarantees it's still saved. Supporting power mods were pretty basic. 740cc injectors, Walbro FP, Cobb short ram, GS 3port EBCS, 3" catback, itsme FMIC, E-85 baby! Was a super fun setup to drive.

This piping setup may interest you if you have weird, demented dreams of running a VF38 or a TD04HLA-19T. Believe this flanging also fits VF44/45 twinscroll turbos, but do not quote me on that. It will NOT FIT VF36/37 flanging. Your other option would be to get VF36/37 flanges and carefully cut and weld them on - this is probably what I would have done if I didn't get a killer deal on a low mileage VF39 & GS EWG setup.

I am asking $475 OBO + shipping/paypal for the items bolded/italicised at the top of this post. Shipping this setup is the painful part, as it would most likely be upwards of $200 to ship. Not small and not lightweight.

Am not looking to split this setup up for right now.

The turbo is pretty much worthless which is why I did not include it in the above items. The oil seal is blown, there is shaft play but the impellers look good. If you want the turbo to try and rebuild or convince someone to rebuild it, I can throw it in for $125. It does include an AVO 15psi WG actuator on it ($180 actuator from their site). If there is no interest in the turbo with the piping setup, I will probably make a lamp from it. I believe there are some rebuild 'kits' on ebay and kinugawa may offer a new chra for it, but up to you on trying those options.

I am open to offers as I know this is a little unique setup and the turbo is shot. Get at me if you're interested or want to talk price. Obviously would prefer you be somewhat local or close-ish to Minnesota to cut down on shipping charges.

I've uploaded some pics, will try to get better ones this weekend. You will see other random crap in my garage, but what is for sale are the items listed in the post lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	130657   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).JPG
Views:	166
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	130658   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).JPG
Views:	164
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	130659  

Last edited by dingbang; 11-13-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Sponsored links