View Single Post
#674: 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM

TheOneDoubleN
Title: Crash Test Dummy
Car: '08 535xi Sport Wagon
Send a private message to TheOneDoubleN Find all posts by TheOneDoubleN
I realize it may almost sound like I'm trying to convince people not to buy the Bilsteins and I just want to clarify that that is absolutely not the case. These are phenomenal dampers that completely transform the way this car handles and makes it corner like it should have in the first place, so I have nothing but praise for these dampers. Just realize that most mods have tradeoffs, you will be sacrificing some ride comfort with these dampers, but it's nothing unreasonable. Also, because more shock will be transmitted into the cabin, if your car rattled before, it will rattle more now, but again, most of this is common sense.

I just want to stress here that people should not go into buying these with unrealistic expectations. Your car will not turn into an M5 with these dampers, but you'll certainly be able to give an STI a run for its money! That being said, when I was at Willow Springs raceway, where my LGT met its demise, I was passing corvette's, sti's, s2000's, in the CORNERS, on summer STREET tires in the expert group. There's definitely something to be said for that.

Last edited by TheOneDoubleN; 10-05-2012 at 02:25 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheOneDoubleN For This Useful Post:
Ellesedil (10-05-2012), Norm Peterson (10-11-2012)