View Single Post
#15: 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM

acumenhokie
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2010 LGT & 2009 FXT
Send a private message to acumenhokie Find all posts by acumenhokie Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandborn View Post
He needs the core of a VF52. Most people use their original turbo, they send it in and he mods it to the 18G. Others hunt Ebay or other places to find one - intact or even a blown one - so that their car is not out of commission for the time. My situation was that I wanted to keep my OE turbo just in case I needed to swap back to stock - so I had to find another one. Bryan just happened to know of one, so I will pay him for it along with the build. Time? I do know that right now as he said he is quite swamped. He will be contacting me with the estimate and costs soon.

I would suggest you read as much as you can on BNR. (heck, type in BNR 18G Billet into Google) After reading majority of positives, there were of course a relatively few negatives - as with any product. IMO - I am giving him my business because I believe he makes damn good turbos and is very respected in many areas. He is touted quite high with NAGTROC.com and those guys don't screw around with their rides. He backs his work 100% and comes across as very honest and fair. Call him. If you are thinking of this route, the best thing to do is compile info.
Good info, thanks for sharing. Are you planning to tune for E85 or stay on unleaded?