View Single Post
#667: 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM

TheOneDoubleN
Title: Crash Test Dummy
Car: '08 535xi Sport Wagon
Send a private message to TheOneDoubleN Find all posts by TheOneDoubleN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesedil View Post
Any way you can quantify what "some comfort" means?
Nope , not really a quantifiable measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesedil View Post
This car will be making regular hour and a half trips each month, plus one-three 6 hour trips to the Almost United Provinces of Canadia a year. The sacrifice in ride comfort for my family will need to be minimal to continue thinking about picking these up (which I'm strongly considering).
I had no problem long with trips with this setup. If anything highway comfort is really not changed, it's when the road gets bumpy, instead of bouncing up and over road changes (bumps, rises, holes, etc etc) like the stock suspension does, which is great for not feeling the road, terrible for handling, this setup will be much firmer and you will feel those changes in the road surface where you wouldn't have before.

However, you need to decide which is ultimately more important, the handling of your car, or your car's occupants and these trips you refer to. One of the reasons these dampers work IS the simple fact that they are stiffer compared to the mashed potatoe stock dampers. Your occupants will notice the difference, without a doubt, but that doesn't make it an insufferable ride. Think german sports car without any fancy adaptive suspensions like most have these days. They're firm, but not unbearable, but many people would avoid those cars like the plague because they prefer a cushy ride.

If you haven't already I suggest checking out my review thread on the bilsteins, and the other thread on the rce springs.