View Single Post
#2733: 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM

t^Lewis7
Title: Senior Member
Car: 09 CryoTuned LGT 5EAT & 06 OBXT 5EAT
Send a private message to t^Lewis7 Find all posts by t^Lewis7 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigboat_2 View Post
That's pretty mean haha, like the joke about drunk superman betting people about walking off a building.

How was living in Montrose? It's one of my definitely thoughts of places to go.
Actually if it weren't for some family issues in Denver and the crappy economic situation, we would still be in Montrose.
Fantastic climate (think I shoveled snow 10 times in the 11 years we were there). No inversions like in Grand Junction so more winter sunshine and warmth but cooler in the summer being @ nearly 6K feet. If you want more snow in winter or cooler temps in summer, just head 20-30 miles up the road to Ridgeway or Ouray.
Hot springs in Ouray better then in Glenwood because of cost and less uppidiness. If you want to get your clothing optional freak on, Orvis Hot Springs between Ridgeway and Ouray great. Telluride about 60 miles SW, Powderhorn (great/affordable family skiing) on the Grand Mesa 65 miles to the N and Crested Butte 75 miles to the E or Silverton Mountain 55 miles S for serious terrain skiing. Box Canyon in Ouray is on the international ice climbing circuit for some more winter fun.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison amazing for views and some amazing hatches between the north edge of the National Park to Paradise Park east of Delta. Building a kayak course on the Colorado River down near Pallisades. Fruita known for several mountain bike/single track events in the warmer months. During the Spring run-off there is a section on the Colorado River in DeBeque Canyon where you can "surf."
Award winning Main in Motion summer festivities in Montrose every Thursday afternoon and evening with tons of very good music.
Olathe Sweet Sweet corn grown 8 miles to the N and great wineries are coming on strong in Grand Junction and Pallisades. Peach Street Distillery in Pallisades is famous for their Goat Head Gin and Jack Rabbit Vodka and the up and coming Colorado Bourbon which rivals Strannahan's Whiskey in my opinion (the mash is made from the Olathe Sweet Sweet corn).
No doubt some of the most amazing vistas in the world.
Camp Robber Cafe for the best food at incredible value and you would be hard pressed to find better Thai food anywhere then @ Asi on Townsend.
We definitely miss Mo-Town but life is happening here on the front range for us presently. Actually my wife grew up in Denver and I in Boulder, so this is kind of a comming home thing.

Last edited by t^Lewis7; 10-05-2012 at 08:43 AM..