View Single Post
#648: 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM

blklgt05
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2010 Stg.II RRP LGT 2005 Stg.II OBP LGT
Send a private message to blklgt05 Find all posts by blklgt05
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded-a-fool View Post
Why is the price the BC BR coilovers so cheap? Aren't most coilovers $$$?
Anything made in Taiwan would be cheaper simply because its made there, quality is gonna be decent. If Japan/Germany is A, Taiwan would be B, and China would be C or D. If you go on nasioc or even the 4gen LGT sections, BC's reviews are generally pretty good. Megan Racing is in the same price range, but they suck ass. Btw, BC Racing also manufacture for HKS, GReddy, stance, and A'PEXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr56 View Post
I would imagine the Bilstien's are much much much more street-able even with the RCE springs then the BC coilovers are. I ran BC's on the STi and the ride was not overly street friendly for commuting, even with their street/sport spring rates.
You're right, that's exactly the reason why I'm not using BC's silicon chrome springs. BC offers Swift's sport spring option. Swift's design/material makes the ride ultra smooth and responsive. I don't expect it the ride like KW-V3s, but it will be a big improvement for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesedil View Post
I sent a PM looking for answers to a few questions that I did not spot in this thread (this thread is long, so I simply may have missed them).

I'm in the same boat as blklgt, as I'm probably a few months away from making a decision as my car is only 4 months old and we're still getting to know each other. I need to pick up some winter tires and summer rims in the near future, and I'm looking into getting an AP and stage 1 pro tune sometime in the spring. So... there's a lot I need to consider, and I already have a potential shopping list approaching a couple grand before considering any suspension mods, and the wife still needs to be consulted.

Hopefully, the availability for these shocks will last quite some time. If not, then I'll have some tough decisions to make.
I got so many other $$$ mods on my growing mod list, I think BC+Swift is more than enough.

Last edited by blklgt05; 10-04-2012 at 03:00 PM..