View Single Post
#33: 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM

luchadorjose
Title: That Guy
Car: 2008 QSM Unicorn, 2008 DGM camry
Send a private message to luchadorjose Find all posts by luchadorjose Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post
I was curious of the best route to take when reverting to stock to trade my car in to a dealership.

Here are my current mods:
STI Uppipe
Invidia Catless Downpipe
AVO TMIC
Cobb AP stage 2
Koni Struts
Tein H tech springs

My plan is to unmarry the AP, swap the TMIC for stock, replace the spring struts with a stock set, and leave the UP and DP on with a stock tune.

Is this a terrible idea? I feel bad giving in a car with the UP/DP without a tune but is it ok to do?

If anyone wants this car before I trade it in for their lowball offer and part it out please tell me.
To answer your original question, swap the downpipe for stock and uninstall the AP. The TMIC can stay on until you get it swapped for stock, it won't be completely unhealthy for your car like an untuned downpipe is. The uppipe doesn't need to be swapped (unless you 05 guys need a cat in the uppipe per the computer? I doubt it though). Your complete strut/spring package should be replaced with a stock setup, as you can see there are people here who are interested in that swap.