View Single Post
#1: 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Whiteline LCA bushings for DD?

Chicago
Title: New Member
Car: 09' 2.5i SE
Send a private message to Chicago Find all posts by Chicago Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

I've been having some troubles with my suspension, and based on how it drives, the advice from others on the forum, and stories from others with similar problems, it looks like I have broken Endlinks and/or LCA bushings. Since Endlinks are cheap, I picked up a set of Rallitek HD to upgrade a bit. When I install those, I am going to inspect the bushings as well. Before I get into that, I've been doing some research on the subject, and I need some advice. I am a somewhat agressive driver when the car is handling normal, but unfortunately, a majority of my driving is the commute to work (1 hr both ways). I already have 58k miles on a 2009. That said, this car will never see a track of any sorts, especially since I don't have the turbo. I still want to have some fun driving, but will installing polyurethane bushings (i.e. Whiteline), make it a rougher ride for mainly a DD? I'd like to upgrade, but don't want to sacrifice the ride at the same time. These are basically my options (for driver and passenger):

1) Whiteline front LCA bushings: ~$165 + labor
2) OE replacement bushings: ~$46 + labor
3) OE replacement LCA w/ bushings and ball joints: ~$356, and I can install myself.

I'm hesitant to try to remove/press the bushings myself, as I am not very experienced with things of this nature, and I don't have any mechanic friends.

Thoughts?
Sponsored links