Once again thanks to everybody on this forum for helping me out, I am involved with a few other forums not car related, and its pretty much a flamefest.
Back to the inlet.
I just had another go at it with a helper. We undid the bolt for the closest to turbo tube, he pulled on it while I held the clip open with electrical pliers, and she came off with a bit of persuasion (screwdriver with end wrapped in duct tape.
The top PCV hose came off with just me reaching in both ends of the IM, and pressing the clip with one thumb while pushing the whole assembly off with remaining digits. Getting the old inlet out was probably the hardest part of the whole deal, but managed it in a couple of minutes.
Getting everything back in and connected was pretty easy, about 5 - 10 mins in total. Extra pair of hands is essential. We didnt have silicon spray so used some armour all to lubricate the joints. We replaced that dreaded closest to turbo hose clamp with a worm clamp, much easier.
Once I get my vaccum lines and lower oil tube from freds today I should have her back and running soon! Ive had the car for 2 months and Its only been roadworthy for about a week!