Thread: 22T or 20G?
View Single Post
#1: 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
22T or 20G?

monkeyposeur
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 95 BK, 93 SS!
Send a private message to monkeyposeur Find all posts by monkeyposeur Reply With Quote
As many of you know I am gathering parts to swap my 22T into my wagon. I'm not sure of the direction that I will go with the build and I'm not in a rush because I want to think it through and end up with something reliable.

However, I have been checking out 20Gs on ebay and they can be had fairly cheaply. In some instances I have found a complete 20G w/trans, ecu, and wiring harness for $1600. This has me considering going in that direction instead of building up the 22T. I could sell the 22T block halves for $600-700 just by themselves.

I have a few options with the 22T that I am considering: 1. Keeping everything stock (heads, ecu, etc.), but add a tmic and tdo4, which would be plenty of fun compared to my 22E. 2. Getting some wrx heads, ecu, intake mani, and using the 22T.

Option 1 would be the cheapest, but also the most limited. Option 2 would give me tuning options and would be even more fun. But option 2 would also cost about the same as getting a complete 20G w/trans from ebay (probably need a standalone, would the 20G ecu work?).

Anyone have any opinions on 22T vs 20G? Thanks!
Sponsored links