View Single Post
#94: 10-02-2012, 07:28 AM

Seth1784
Title: Monkey
Car: 07 Legacy GT Limited
Send a private message to Seth1784 Find all posts by Seth1784 Reply With Quote
the bitone's are amazing. hands down the best mod to an audio system that you can do. before the bitone i had the rockford 360.2 and the alpine h650 both of which were garbage. the alpine you couldn't do anything other than let it set up and tune itself. if you wanted to change something oh here let me give you a 3 band total eq. i mean what the hell??? the 360.2 i had the first run of them... which would not in any way talk to a laptop. it'd only talk with the palm device which made tuning it a royal nightmare. dunno how many times i would adjust the wrong slider or the slider itself would shoot up/down far off of where i let go of the touch pad. i also didn't like how it'd deaden the whole system and bring it back for any change....

with the bitone everything is done in real time with a laptop. i love having 4 load outs all at the ready if i so desire. i love how easy the software is to use for folks with little to no tuning experience. i can also tell you this... with the 360 i had a slope in an S shape (normal), the alpine i dunno what the hell it did but it sounded like crap, and with the bitone i'm almost completely flat. i've adjusted some sub items to force out a bit more bass than what it tuned for... my highs i didn't really mess with much other than cut points. i freaking loooooove that fact. even on the oem headunit it made a world of difference, out of everything i've got i'd recommend that the most.

with that said... i've kind of started to eye ball a newer headunit. having 7 year old maps is kind of becoming a pain in the rear.