Originally Posted by coppertone
I'm sorry but did I miss where you state what amps/amp you will be using? Old age has a way of catching up to me lol. I'm really enjoying how it is all in the details with you. Will be following this thread closely and appreciate that you have taken the time to share it.
And the amps I'll be using are in the OP...
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo
Here's a subject-to-change list...
- Pioneer DEH-80PRS head unit (stereo/receiver)
- AudioControl THREE.2 dash-mounted EQ. I really like this simple device that gives a quick and easy way to fade, sweep, and tune on the fly.
- Focal FPS 4160 amp or an alternative amp (drives doors)
- Focal K2 Power 165 KR2 6.5" speakers (front doors and tweets to dash)
- Focal K2 Power 165 KRC 6.5" coax speakers (rear doors for fill)
- Alpine MRP M500 amp (drives sub)
- Alpine SBR-S83V 8" sub and factory-made box
But I really don't want to spend a grand on the Focal amp, even though I love it. I'm seriously considering alternatives in the $400-600 range for a 4-channel AB amp.
Originally Posted by zambazil
Me thinks Cipher you're on the right path.. Audiophile listening application in a car stereo set up is really quite a challenge. Investment in sound deadening materials & isolation would be a really big factor I imagine. If its got the Burr-Browns, then its gotta someting serious. So no need for a stand alone DAC I see. Awesome HU. Wonder if it plays FLAC too? I'll try to check it out.
Thanks! Crutchfield has a good amount of specs on their site for it: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PR...ml#details-tab
It just lists MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC?