Thread: My 2nd Subaru!
View Single Post
#1: 09-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Recently got an 05 LGT wagon!

NuclearCrap
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2005 LGT Limited Wagon 5EAT
Send a private message to NuclearCrap Find all posts by NuclearCrap Reply With Quote
I've driven a 2002 Impreza Outback for over 4 years now and I loved it. Unfortunately it wasn't in the best mechanical condition. Synchronizer started giving up, gears started grinding, and by the time it got to the shop, the gearbox needed a rebuild. Long story short, I've been banned from driving a manual by my parents and I was told to go look for a new(er) car and sell my beloved Impreza since it's been in the shops a lot more times than it should have, and I came across this rare beast from a dealership ad:

2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon 5EAT. It does have a small dent on the rear passenger door (more like the previous owner turned a little early and scraped it), but other than that, it sounds good, runs good (other than the fact it needs a new F/L strut mount, which is covered by the 30-day warranty ), and looks good. I almost couldn't tell the interior apart from brand new condition if it wasn't for 2 dots of missing paint on the center console, but that's okay because I'm planning to purchase the double DIN kit in the near future. In the engine bay, it's missing the big engine cover and it has an awkward-looking green top Interstate battery, but that's about it. It also has a Perrin turbo inlet hose already installed, so that's good news. Brought it home for $17k out the door at just 49k miles.

I'm planning to pay it off over the course of a year (owe $8k on it), and any spare cash I have left from my paychecks I can spend on upgrades to really make it my own with very minor cosmetic tweaks and perhaps an in-car entertainment system. That, of course, will be something I'll learn on these forums.

Last edited by NuclearCrap; 10-01-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Sponsored links