Thread: vf52 swap done
View Single Post
#14: 09-30-2012, 04:09 PM

idiot4hire
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 2005 5mt LGT VF52
Send a private message to idiot4hire Find all posts by idiot4hire Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshute View Post
The new turbo is fantastic, the old tune was a completely different style. Previously 1/4 throttle would create WOT feel. Turns out the light throttle inputs had been Maxed out to create the feeling of "quick" while tooling around town. I picked up the car from some one who blew up the engine after a week of owning it. He bought a stock shortblock with used 2011 wrx heads. He put the engine in and had electrical issues. Found the car with the parts list in the photo for $11,000.00. I purchased the VF 52 from subaruonlineparts.com from a 2012 wrx.

The shop had never tuned a VF52 with out added injectors. So they had it on the dyno for a while and toad tuned for about 45 mins. I don't know if the change in the internals effect anything. I can only say it was on a mustang dyno, it has silver platinum plugs, castrol GTX 5w30 and a subaru oil filter.

I would like to find out how to load the car a bit to increase boost in 1st gear. It's snappy but you never really feel that significant pull in 1st like I did on the VF40. It may have just been the light throttle settings that gave me that feeling. I plan on pulling some timeslips this Friday night. So it will be interesting to see where I'm at.

They tuned my lgt with a vf52 but I am not sure if they knew I had a vf52 because the previous owner put it in and I didn't know it had it until recently it was a nice mid-summer surprise