View Single Post
#1: 09-29-2012, 11:42 PM
LED Light Bar Suggestions

Stang70Fastback
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited
Send a private message to Stang70Fastback Find all posts by Stang70Fastback Reply With Quote
I'm kind of going the way of turning my Outback into a pseudo-utility-wagon. One of the things I've always wanted to do is add some flood lights to the roof of the car (in the style of Will Smith's Ford Expedition in the movie I Am Legend) so that I can light up the entire area around the car at night. At first, I was thinking a bunch of spot lights the way that Expedition had things set up, but now I'm thinking light bars would be a better option. In addition, I want them to be LED-powered, both for the reliability, the look, and most importantly, the low power draw.
I am trying to gauge how much a setup like this would cost. I've found all sorts of light bars online - everything from really cheap, dim, crappy wouldn't-last-five-minutes-on-a-car bars, to $3,000, four-foot-long, lifetime warranty, 30,000 lumen bars. Does anyone have any good recommendations for something, or even any better suggestions for such a setup? Thanks!
Sponsored links