View Single Post
#5312: 09-29-2012, 01:31 PM

MooKz
Title: Senior Monkey
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Send a private message to MooKz Find all posts by MooKz Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
And if they refuse to produce insurance, you give them one last chance and tell them you're going to call the police and report leaving the scene of an accident, which is what they are essentially doing.
In fact, you should call the police anyway. You have no idea how many accidents turn into disputes.
The guy will be nice to you at the scene and then screw you to his insurance company by disputing the facts. No witnesses, no police report to back SOMETHING up and you are screwed with a denial.
Don't fall for it.

Also, no fault applies to injuries. Unless there are some really backwards states out there which truly waive legal negligence for all aspects to all drivers, which would negate the responsibility of carrying liability insurance to begin with.
Yeah, and that's a good idea. But I have a very short fuse with that stuff. As far as the insurance goes, Allstate really screwed me. I'm with USAA now. Allstate hasn't backed up any of their "proven" policies on my behalf with the 2 accidents I've been in. I was an idiot driver magnet with a terrible insurance company. When you pay that much more for full coverage a month, you'd expect to see the benefits presented to you prior to signing for their insurance plan.