View Single Post
#1: 09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
MS-8 Users, Questions for you. (long post)

Neltech
Title: Junior Member
Car: 05 LGT,87 mustang GT, 02 zuma
Send a private message to Neltech Find all posts by Neltech Reply With Quote
Ok I just picked up an MS-8 that's going into my 05 LGT with the factory sub.

I'm installing 2 sets of pioneer TS-D1720c components, the woofers will go in the door in their respectable places but I'm going to have all 4 tweeters mounted on the dash in the corners facing the driver. Each pair of tweets will be wired in series as they need barely any power.

So the components leave me with 2 channels left over. I was thinking of powering the factory sub off of one and then have the other sending a low level to my subwoofer amp (either a 600wrms pioneer amp or an mrp-1000 1000wrms) pushing 2 Boston Acoustics 12"s

Questions:

Does anyone have a setup similar to this?
Has anyone used the ms8 to power the subwoofer? Will it even be necessary?
Will the MS-8 Screen mount in the cubby above the clock? (I literally just bought it and havn't had time to even get out to my car yet)

If the MS-8 isn't enough power to drive the component woofers I do have a Kicker IX 4 channel amp laying around I can use as well. I do like the feel of that little subwoofer under the seat. I do also have the woofers from an alpine type R component set and the woofers from an Infinity Kappa component set. maybe use those under the seat for some front stage bass/midbass?

I have already Dynamatted the 2 front doors and have a bunch more to do the trunk and an other problematic areas.
Sponsored links