View Single Post
#21: 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM

TehRicer
Title: Senior Member
Send a private message to TehRicer Find all posts by TehRicer Reply With Quote
3 way configurations have their advantages, but don't bother unless you are familiar w/ tuning. For the fellow DIY'er, a simple 2-way point source configuration can achieve great results, & at a more friendly price point. I just pointed out the option given the backround info you've listed.

Randomness:

I've been running 2-way the past year. Vifa's in the pillars & HAT's in the doors. A few weeks ago, I swapped out my HAT's, grabbed some towels, & started playing around w/ kick panel locations. Needless to say, I sold the HAT 6.5" drivers & opted for a set of 5" drivers.

Ideal point source locations kick asss.

Focal is great stuff, but pricey. Raw drivers from PE or madisound have my heart. My $30 Peerless Mids match right up there w/ the "mainstream" products 10x the cost -literally.

For the hell of it, the HDS series took 2nd in the battle of the 4" midrange. They scored above the HAT Legatia's. Lol, the Legatia's are 10x the cost, lmfao. I'm really debating on going 3-way w/ the HDS 4" in the kicks & picking up some cheap woofers for the doors. But, a set of Rainbow 3-ways just popped up on CACO. Oh the options!

I'm in for more pics. Lol, send me some sleeving
The Following User Says Thank You to TehRicer For This Useful Post:
cipher_nemo (09-26-2012)