View Single Post
#1: 09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
My 2013 legacy 2.5i limited driving impressions

Malone75
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2013 Leggy Limited 2.5i
Send a private message to Malone75 Find all posts by Malone75 Reply With Quote
I come from a somewhat long line of subarus. My first was a 2005 2.5rs with an STi swap second was 2008 legacy gt spec.b that I sold to some lucky guy on here while deployed to Iraq. Third was a 2011 outback sold that to one of my friends because he really needed a car and he does triathlons and now my current model the 2013 legacy limited 2.5i in graphite grey. First off let me just say that I really wanted a silver 2012 3.6R limited but after asking to my wife and Her making sense of the situation, I opted for the 2013 2.5i instead. Now lets just get this out of the way and yes it is quite slow compared to my spec.B lol but anyways so here my driving impressions. I bought the car last Thursday with 4 miles on the odometer, after putting roughly 300 miles on it I must say that it is impressive to say the least. The torque of the newer fb series engine mated to the CVT tranny is great, this is my first CVT in a vehicle but I must say it is great. No more gear searching up hills with this tranny and this 2nd gen CVT Is considerably quieter than the last Gen. I would seriously think Subaru should do 6 speed manuals and CVTs in all their cars from now on. Now to the good part handling just like a typical Subaru takes corner with AWD surgical precision with the most minuscule rear pitch. I think the 19mm or larger upgrade would go well with the car. The front steering is perfect with the 26mm upfront and you have good steering input as well. Now with the outside of the car finally the front end of the legacy is super close to its JDM counterpart so thanks for Subaru on that one. The interior is nice and the new navigation screen is an improvement over last years. Now for the eyesight system man am I impressed with that especially with the adaptive cruise control and the collision avoidance I put a big cardboard box up to show my dad I was going to get an impreza sport hatch but I am glad that I chose another legacy with only a 4 mpg difference so not too bad. I will post some pics as soon as I can and its great to be back on the forums!!

Last edited by Malone75; 09-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Fixed typos
Sponsored links