View Single Post
#42: 09-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Shipping aero bars (metal ones, not chocolate )

ElanS2
Title: New Member
Send a private message to ElanS2 Find all posts by ElanS2 Reply With Quote
Hello K2e2vin,
The following is my estimate of shipping which I obtained from the Canada Post web site using the dimensions and weights that I had estimated and included in a previous posting:

" just took my unit off the car. From the measurements that I took I estimate the shipping costs to be in the neighbourhood of 64.36$Can plus sales tax of 15%. The sales tax should be added to the 160$ selling price too. The shipping could be reduced by +/-20$ if it is by expedited parcel rather than express post. Both offer signature upon reception. From what I see neither offer tracking. When I get stuff from the US through the USPS tracking applies to the border but not within Canada. The reverse may be true when shipping to the US."

If you are willing to trust me I offer to obtain the package and post it however I would like to receive payment first for the purchase and latter for the exact shipping. I will not add any $ for extras that are not real out of pocket expenses. In other words there will be nothing in it for me. The purchase price that you mention , $180, does it include 15% local taxes? If not that will have to be added. I can try and refine the shipping cost if you will tell me where it should be shipped to. Please note that I will not be responsible for any duties or administrative fees that may be imposed upon importing by your authorities, whoever they may be.

If the chap in Sudbury offers to help you the shipping will probably be less as he is closer to the states than am I.

Let me know if you think I can help you and good luck. I really like my bars!!

Cheers
Rod