View Single Post
#2: 09-22-2012, 03:31 PM

TurboLag23
Title: Contributor
Car: '08 Acura TL
Send a private message to TurboLag23 Find all posts by TurboLag23 Reply With Quote
I'm looking to be.

Currently the owner of a 2008 Acura TL; saving up money for an LGT as we speak.

Basically, from all the stuff I've seen around here, the general conclusion I've drawn is that for the LGT's you basically just need to get used to the fact that there is a greater possibility that stuff on the car is going to break. Conversely, however, the LGT can be made exponentially better with simple stage 1/2 mods, or into a monster with stage 3. This is the reason I'm still saving up for one. I want something to work on, something that will go fast and handle well when I'm done. Or for that matter, I never really want to be done. I know stuff will break... I plan to fix it with beefier aftermarket stuff. Just in general, I rarely see LGT's that are unmodified. I think it's a bona-fide tuner's car.

This all being said, I think that the 3.0R Legacy would be the way to go. It will probably turn out a much more reliable daily driver in the long run if you just want to buy it and leave it stock.

Another note-worthy piece of info is that the car I owned before my TL was a Subaru Outback H6. That car was as reliable as the sun. In many ways I miss it.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck & welcome!

Last edited by TurboLag23; 09-22-2012 at 03:35 PM..