View Single Post
#37: 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM

aerophool
Title: Contributor
Car: 2012 Stage 3 Legacy GT
Send a private message to aerophool Find all posts by aerophool Reply With Quote
[QUOTE=dynamic_3.6;3530868]I'm not sure if it will settle any more or not...it may, but its been 2 weeks already and the rake's still pretty pronounced. It did settle a little from when they first went on, but not enough to compensate for the rake. I havent noticed any vibrations or shimmy with them except for when I installed them and accidentally put the front passenger strut together wrong (I had the conical washer upside down) and that caused all kinds of creaking/popping. But since I corrected that they've been pretty solid.

It will not settle. You have to look at possibly why:

I read somewhere the 3.6R engine is ~150 lbs heavier. Myles said the spring stiffness is ~250lbs/in for the RCE blacks. So 150lbs/(250 lbs/in*2 springs) = 0.3" more than the GT on the front. I am assuming all the extra weight is over the front springs (2 springs). However, as the car is now lower in the front it will shift the center of gravity of the car forward, which will put more weight on the front springs, which will compress them a little more until it is in its final resting place.

If the engine is only 100 lbs heavier then you would see a ~0.2" extra drop (again not accounting for the center of gravity shift)

Last edited by aerophool; 09-19-2012 at 06:57 AM..