View Single Post
#12: 09-17-2012, 11:56 PM

'06GRPLGT
Title: Senior Member
Car: 5MT STG II
Send a private message to '06GRPLGT Find all posts by '06GRPLGT Reply With Quote
I feel like this conversation just got a lot better. I, too, have thought that every one of these badges I've seen looked exactly how you described, so I was determined to make it align properly and match the theme of the car. I'll have to put up a pic of the whole car from behind. It actually flows pretty well, IMO.

Safety point is valid on the tails. I'll just say that I did them with a pro and we matched the brightness of the taillights to that of the 3rd brake light through 35% tint. With all three combined, it's very obvious when I'm stopping, and I don't have one light brighter or darker than the others. They look really dark in the pic, but they're actually not nearly that dark (and they look a lot better) in the light.

I was definitely reluctant to tint them, but if you look at stock tails on a red LGT, it clashes BAD. So I put a lot of time and thought into how I did them anyway. They're also WELL polished, so they're definitely among the better jobs I've seen.

Thx for positive comments