Oh, I neglected to mention that I spent almost two hours measuring the trunk and looking at pictures of stock badges on google images to determine the best placement for the badge. I ended up going with one badge-height below the body line. Then, after measuring a million times, I got the top line of the badge perfectly "centered", but it was for not because I didn't account for the surface being smaller at the bottom line of the badge and it ended up looking skewed slightly left.
I then spent a lot of time making the badge level, but I realized it looked better to line it up the the body line above it, so that's how I aligned the template. One badge height below the body line and centered (easier said than done). The template was lined up with the body line perfectly, but as I was working my way from left to right attaching the individual icons, they began to slant upward slightly (even though they didn't seem to against the template at the time). So now the badge is slightly higher on the right than on the left, as aligned with the body line.
The good news is that, although the badge ended up slightly misaligned with the body line, it ended up lining up pretty well with the level of the entire car, and I'm actually really happy with it now.