View Single Post
#1: 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
CEL/ Power loss, semi-rough idle

Luv_a_Legacy
Title: New Member
Car: 05 OBP LGT
Send a private message to Luv_a_Legacy Find all posts by Luv_a_Legacy Reply With Quote
2005 OBP GT ltd. 5EAT i just bought about a month ago, and im not mechanically inclined towards these cars. So easy on the rough feedback, im just looking for help as tpo what may be wrong.

on my way home from work and i just had to have my car towed because i felt a huge power loss, and didn't want to chance it as to if i could make it home. I noticed this about 2 days ago and it got really bad this morning. I noticed a big power loss from take off at stop lights, and worse going up a hill. Almost as if my car wants to just die. and when i need to get on it, to merge, it has no giddy up. My EWG used to roar, and now sounds sorry. Also i feel like it shifts way late, and irregular. My rpms steadily go up but my car goes nowhere until the boost kicks in. the CEL flashed a few times this morning then stayed on. I havent got the chance to get to an autozone to run the codes, but would anyone have any ideas? Bad valves? Injectors? anything? Could it relate to the transmission? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but i gotta start somewhere.

MODS:
FMIC
Grimmspeed boost control solonoid
aftermarket turbo
K&N cold air intake
coilovers
few other minor things.
Sponsored links